Planning a home addition with a renovation contractor in Tyler, TX is exciting, and gives you the opportunity to get more out of the home you live in. However, unless you ask yourself a few basic questions before getting your project underway, your addition could, in the end, amount to less than you expected. Here are 10 questions to ask before starting on home remodeling in Tyler, TX:
- If you were building a brand-new house, how would you design it? Any additions that you would include in the design of a new house would likely make great add-ons to your current home.
- What addition would benefit my family the most? After you have thought about what your house might be missing, you can begin to think more about what type of specific additions would make home life more convenient for your family.
- What would the best location for this addition be? Taking into account the architecture of your house, you will have to determine where an addition would be most feasible, without disturbing what is already in place.
- What is the budget? When calculating your budget, realize that this number isn’t just how much money you plan on allocating for the project. Instead, consider how much value this addition would bring to your home, even if you don’t plan on selling in the near future.
- Is the addition you have in mind doable? You will need to check the zoning laws for your area to make sure that no legal restrictions exist for the type of project you have in mind.
- Does your contractor have any experience with home additions? While general contractors may have extensive experience with remodels, making sure that they also have experience with home additions in Tyler, TX is important, as these are two separate project types.
- Is your contracting company licensed, bonded and insured? Make sure that any company you choose to work with has the credentials needed for the job, and has full liability insurance coverage.
- What is the project estimate? When you receive an estimate from your contractor, make sure that it includes the full scope of the work that you want done, and that it is within the range of what you are comfortable paying.
- Can the addition be tied in seamlessly with the rest of your house? Even though you’re adding to your house, the goal is for the addition to look like it has always been a part of your home. Check with your contractor to see how they plan to create a harmonious flow between the addition and your existing structure.
- What is the projected timeline for your addition? Your contractor should provide you with a projected start and finish date, as well as the day-to-day schedule for everything in between.
Obtaining the answers to these questions ensures that your home remodeling project turns in to an addition that you will be able to enjoy every single day. If you are in need of a home additions and renovation contactor in Tyler, TX that has the combination of skill and experience that will make your project something truly remarkable, give us a call at Canfield Construction Management so we can transform your home the right way today.
This post was written by Writer