Has your garage door seen better days? Does it take a bit of maneuvering to get it to open and close? Have there been occasions where it has failed to open entirely? If this sounds like you, then it’s time to start thinking about replacing the garage door. An old or improperly functioning garage door is not only a nuisance, but it can also be a major safety risk. An older door could even be putting your home in danger, on top of negatively affecting the overall curb appeal of your property.
Take a good, hard look at your current garage door and then consider these benefits of investing in a new garage door:
- Safety: First, let’s talk about the most important reason for garage door installation in Tyler, TX: safety. Older garage doors could be putting your family at risk if the sensor were to break. Newer models are equipped with improved safety features capable of sensing when a child or pet nears the line of descent. This important technology could prevent a devastating accident.
- Appearance: Does the garage door pair well with the rest of the home, or does it seem to stick out like a sore thumb? An unattractive garage door can detract from the overall appearance of your home. Replacing the door can improve the curb appeal tremendously. A garage builder in Tyler, TX can work with you to develop a comprehensive garage door design that complements the rest of your home.
- Improve resale value: Garage doors are some of the few home investments that reliably pay off. On average, homeowners can recoup approximately 75 percent of the cost of the garage door at resale. Replacing a dilapidated garage door with a state-of-the-art model can also increase the value of your home.
- Energy savings: The garage door is a major threat to the overall comfort of your home. Air heated or cooled by a furnace or air conditioner can leak out through the garage door if it is not properly insulated. This can lead to increased energy costs and unnecessary wear and tear on your heating and cooling system. Replacing the door with a fully insulated model will help keep that monthly bill low, and keep the air inside where it belongs.
- Quieter: Modern garage doors use a rubber belt to open and close instead of the previously favored chain drive. This results in quieter operations instead of the noisy rumble associated with chain-operated doors.
- Insurance benefits: Many insurance companies will reward their policyholders with an incentive for updating their garage door. This could come in the form of a cut on the monthly premium or a discount for the added security.
- More secure: Newer garage doors use a rolling code system to stop potential thieves. The code transmitted by the remote and the opener motor changes with each use to make it impossible for someone to break in with a stolen code. Thieves can easily open an older model garage door just by programming the remote with the same code that has been in use for years.
It’s clear that new garage door installation in Tyler, TX is a smart investment in your home. Call the garage door experts at Canfield Construction Management today for a free estimate.
This post was written by Writer