The toilet is one of those things in the home that most people don’t think too much about until something goes wrong, but the toilet needs to be maintained, repaired and replaced just like any other home appliance. Usually, a few simple repairs can solve most problems, but others leave homeowners with no choice but to buy an entirely new toilet. The key is knowing when it’s time to repair the toilet, or if it’s best to replace it instead.
The following signs are all reliable indicators that it is time for a new toilet:
- Cracks in the tank: Look closely at the porcelain tank and the bowl for signs of any developing hairline cracks. These small cracks can quickly turn into leaks or a huge flood in the bathroom if left for too long. Cracked tanks and bowls should be replaced quickly to prevent them from breaking entirely.
- Frequent repairs: Have you had to call the plumber multiple times over the past two to three years to work on your toilet? If so, then it’s time to purchase a new one. The cost of frequent and repeat repairs can quickly add up. Over time, the total cost of the repairs will wind up costing more than replacing the toilet altogether!
- Old: Toilets more than 20 years old are significantly less efficient than newer models. Dated toilets require more water for each flush, which could be contributing to a higher monthly water bill. Upgrading to a newer, more efficient model will help keep the water bill low. Environmentally friendly options even offer a partial flush for liquid waste and a full flush for solid waste to reduce water usage even further.
- Unattractive appearance: A cracked, discolored toilet can be an eyesore in the bathroom. Improve the appearance of the space by including installing a new toilet in your next bathroom remodeling in Tyler, TX. Adding an updated model can make your home more appealing to potential buyers if you’re considering putting it on the market soon.
- Unsteady: It’s not a good sign if the toilet feels like it is wobbling. Contact a professional as soon as you notice the toilet feeling unsteady. The repair could be as simple as just tightening a few bolts, or it could mean that the floor beneath the toilet has begun to rot.
- Keeps clogging: No one likes plunging a clogged toilet. Frequent clogging is a warning sign that it’s time for a replacement. A new toilet will be less prone to random blockages.
Whether you’re planning to just replace the toilet or remodel the entire bathroom, the team at Canfield Construction Management is the perfect choice for the job. We have decades of collective experience in bathroom remodeling in Tyler, TX. Our team of experienced contractors will provide expert oversight to ensure the project—whatever the size—is a success. Call us today for a free estimate. We look forward to working with you to enhance your space!
Categorised in: Bathroom Remodeling
This post was written by Writer