You use your bathroom everyday, and it’s becoming more and more of a focal point of the home. Bathroom remodeling in Tyler, TX not only needs to look good in the end, but also needs to work for you. If the first remodel doesn’t go well, it can be expensive to fix and update your bathroom. Here’s a look at some of the best ways to stay on budget while remodeling your bathroom:
- Prepare for the unexpected: Having extra money budgeted for unanticipated problems is a good rule to follow for all remodeling jobs, but especially the bathroom. The process of bathroom remodeling in Tyler, TX can uncover hidden water damage that requires fixing. That’s extra cash you’ll have to spend right there. Experienced contractors, like the team at Canfield Construction Management, will explore the bathroom early to try and catch any problems ahead of time. A good rule of thumb, though, is to leave room in your budget—roughly 10 to 15 percent—so these unexpected issues don’t break the bank.
- Think about water efficiency: One way to save money down the line is to spend a little more now. Look around and ask for the most water-efficient showerheads, faucets and toilets available. Some can be 20 percent more efficient than federal standards, which can save you money on utilities. It’s also a positive for your environmental impact.
- Spend more on the shower: Speaking of water, more people find they’re not using their bath very often. Some people are opting for larger stand-in shower areas when remodeling their bathrooms. One word of warning: don’t eliminate the bathtub if you don’t have any others in the home.
- Don’t rush: Rushing into anything usually ends badly. That goes double for the bathroom. A rushed bathroom remodeling in Tyler, TX can needlessly inflate your budget or lead to a disappointing result. Take the time to plan and talk it over with your contractor. At Canfield Construction Management, we’re ready to answer any of your questions, and offer free estimates for our services to help you better plan out your bathroom remodel.
- Plan for storage space: Think ahead about storage space. Running out of space in the bathroom can be annoying. Make a list of everything you plan on storing in the room, including towels, soap and medicine. Think about the space each of these will take up and plan accordingly. Usually a storage closet is enough, along with a medicine cabinet. However, if you have a big family, you may need more space.
- Think ahead for ventilation: The bathroom is one of the most vulnerable rooms in the home for mold and mildew. That can take a toll on finishes and painted surfaces, and in extreme conditions, mold can lead to health concerns. A bathroom fan is the best defense against it. Talk to your contractor about the proper ventilation for your bathroom.
Staying on budget during bathroom remodeling in Tyler, TX is tough. There are pitfalls and cost overruns to worry about at every turn. We at Canfield Construction Management pride ourselves on our communication. We also offer free estimates on our services. Give us a call with any questions or to schedule an appointment!
Categorised in: Bathroom Remodeling
This post was written by Writer