You probably don’t spend a whole lot of time out in your garage. In fact, you might only be in there for a few seconds before you head out for the day, and a few more seconds once you return home. Just because you’re not out in your garage a whole lot, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t consider remodeling the space. Continue reading to learn some helpful tips about remodeling from your friendly garage builder in Tyler, TX:
- Add storage: Is your home feeling cluttered? Are you running out of space to store your belongings? If so, consider adding storage space in your garage! It’s not hard to put up shelving for your storage bins, or even cardboard boxes for your rarely-used appliances or items like camping equipment. Give us a call today and let our contractors help get your project off the ground.
- Make it a more functional space: Your garage doesn’t just have to be a poorly lit place to park your car. Consider converting a portion of your garage into a workspace for your hobbies, an area to hang out and watch the game or even a game room for the kids. With a little help from a contractor, your boring garage can turn into a wonderful new living space in no time at all.
- Reroute wiring and add outlets: If you’re thinking about converting your garage into something other than a place to park your car, you may need to consider rewiring the space and adding power outlets. More outlets make your garage more usable and get rid of the need for all of those extension cords and power strips. Keep in mind that messing with your wiring could be dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing. Be sure to call an electrician to get the job done!
- Add insulation: You know that insulation is essential up in your attic and throughout the walls of your home, but did you know that it’s also crucial for those with an attached garage? Indoor heat and AC easily flow through the walls in your garage, which doesn’t just raise your monthly heating and cooling bill—it also makes your home less energy efficient. It doesn’t matter if adding a garage is part of your plans for home additions in Tyler, TX, or if you’re keeping the garage you have—you need to have the proper amount of insulation! Give us a call today to learn more about the importance of insulation in your garage.
- Weatherstrip doors and windows: Insulation isn’t the only way to keep your home energy efficient and lower your monthly electric bills. You can also add weatherstripping to your doors and windows. Weatherstripping blocks cold winter air and hot summer air from entering your garage. The best part? Weatherstripping only costs a couple of bucks at your local hardware store, and it only takes a couple of minutes to install.
Be sure to give us a call if you think it’s time to upgrade your garage during home remodeling in Tyler, TX. At Canfield Construction Management, we have years of industry experience upgrading and remodeling garages of all sizes, and we look forward to working with you!
This post was written by Writer