Is it time to update your kitchen? Are you ready to remodel the heart of your home? Before you jump into a renovation project, it’s good to know what new designs are available and what out-of-date fashions to avoid. If you’re considering kitchen remodeling in Tyler, TX, use the following guide.
These trends and tips from your remodeling contractor in Tyler, TX are the top looks for 2018 and beyond. Get inspired, then get started!
- Two-toned cabinets: Many kitchens now feature cabinetry in two different colors. The upper cabinets may be one color, while the lower ones are a contrasting, darker color—for example, white and navy blue. Another option is to feature island cabinetry in the second, bold color.
- Mixed metals: No longer does every fixture in the kitchen have to be the same metal. Mixing metals gives a nice balance to the room. Coordinate bronze and brass to create an interesting look. A good rule of thumb is to use one type of metal on each parallel plane (ceiling, eye-height and waist-height).
- Multi-purpose islands: If you have the option, make space for a large, multi-function island. These are not simply an afterthought wedged into the room. They form the center of the space and include storage, seating and sometimes appliances. They may even extend into the family room area in open floor plans.
- Smart technology: Kitchens are getting smarter! Don’t miss out on the opportunity to fully equip your kitchen with the latest tech. Popular innovations include motion-sensing faucets, smart refrigerators that let you know when you need to go to the grocery store and a programmable coffee maker. Of course, you can also integrate your kitchen’s systems with the rest of the house, to control the lighting, music and more from your phone or tablet.
- Quartz countertops: This material is long-lasting and durable like granite, but it offers slightly lower maintenance needs. Recent developments in quartz countertops have vastly expanded the options of colors and patterns from which you can choose. Offering unique looks and quality materials, quartz has become an extremely popular choice for kitchen remodeling in Tyler, TX.
- Innovative storage: Homeowners are seeking better storage solutions for the kitchen. Cabinets are taking on new looks and functions that offer easier access and more purposeful designs. Solutions include appliance garages, utensil drawer dividers, spice pullouts, rollout caddies for pots and pans and garbage cabinets.
- Hardwood or tile floors: Hardwood still takes the lead in kitchen flooring. However, construction companies in Tyler, TX are finding that ceramic tile is a close second. These options give homeowners the durability and attractiveness they desire in the kitchen. Ceramic tiles can even imitate the look of other materials now, offering greater options for styles and sizes.
Do you need a remodeling contractor in Tyler, TX to make your dream kitchen a reality? The team at Canfield Construction Management is your go-to source. We leverage over 20 years of construction, remodeling and renovation experience to deliver detailed, high-quality work. Contact our construction company in Tyler, TX today for a free estimate.
This post was written by Writer