Are you building a home, adding onto your existing one or remodeling a room? If so, you can’t overlook the importance of storage. A lack of storage in your home makes daily life a challenge for everyone. If there’s any good news, it’s that contractors know this and should always ensure that new home additions in Tyler, TX have an adequate amount of storage.
There are tons of options for shelving and cabinetry, but built-ins have quickly become many contractors’ go-to choice when adding storage in a home. Keep reading to learn a few of the many benefits of built-ins, and why they could be right for your home:
- Ample storage: First and foremost, built-ins provide ample storage for all of your belongings! From storing towels and toiletries in your bathroom to spices and utensils in your kitchen, built-ins can handle it all. Technically, you can add built-in storage along an entire wall, creating storage throughout a room!
- Take up less space: To get as much storage space as built-ins provide, you’d either have to install large cabinets that jut out from the wall or buy bulky dressers and armoires that hog a ton of space. Regardless of the route you choose, you’re going to lose quite a bit of living space as a result. Instead, install built-ins along your walls to store your items without sacrificing living space.
- Showcase your items: You surely have tons of framed photos and fun knickknacks that you like to show off in your home, but where are you supposed to place all of those items? How about on your built-in shelving! Uncovered built-ins are a great place to put all of your prized possessions, allowing you and all of your guests to see them at all times.
- Use all parts of your home: Strange nooks and corners are a part of every house. Luckily, they don’t have to be a headache anymore! Give those corners a purpose by installing built-in storage. You can store items in there to ensure that no aspect or area of your home is wasted.
- Great appearance: As long as they’re crafted by a professional, built-ins can enhance the look of any room. You can choose to make your built-ins stand out and be a talking point, or craft them to seamlessly blend into your walls. There are many routes you can take with built-ins, so talk to a contractor today to learn more about your options!
- Enhance your outdoor space: Did you think that built-ins can only be used inside your home? Think again! Many homeowners with decks or outdoor living areas add seating that doubles as a built-in storage container. Simply lift the lid on your bench and store all of your cushions, umbrellas, toys and other outdoor items inside.
After reading about all of the advantages of built-in storage, you can see that there’s no reason not to consider adding built-ins either inside or outside your home. Give Canfield Construction Management a call today to schedule a consultation to discuss home additions in Tyler, TX and learn more about all of our services.
Categorised in: Home Additions
This post was written by Writer