With spring having arrived and summer following right on its heels, we’ve reached prime time for kitchen remodels. If you’ve been considering doing some work on your kitchen, this is the best time of year to get it done.
Of course, before you pull the trigger, it’s important that you have an understanding of the remodeling process and what you can expect out of it. Here are a few things you should plan for and know about kitchen remodeling in Tyler, TX before you begin.
- Expected timeframe: The most frequently asked question we receive about kitchen remodeling is how long it will take to get the job done. The answer really varies from job to job, because every remodel has its own unique challenges, and every customer is looking for something different. It may take a couple weeks to a couple months, depending on how significant the job is. The best thing to do is approach us and have us take a look at the job you have in mind so we can give you a reasonable estimate.
- Preparations: There are some steps you can take to prepare for your kitchen renovation before you contact your contractors. Get an idea of the kind of look and style you want—you can get inspiration from magazines, Pinterest and home remodeling shows. When you know what you want, reach out to a contractor to talk through the job. Before the contractors arrive to begin work, be sure to remove personal belongings in the area. Be aware that the area will be sealed off to prevent dust and debris from getting into other parts of your home.
- Order of work: While every job differs in terms of the specific elements of the remodel, the general workflow will always be the same. Project work begins with demolition, then rough electric and plumbing, then wall preparation, subfloor preparation, flooring installation, cabinet installation, priming and painting, countertop and backsplash installation and final plumbing. After that, you can bring in appliances and accessories, install door hardware and finish up electrical tasks.
- Investments: Which areas of your remodel can you expect to cost the most? Cabinetry is probably going to be the most expensive item because of the amount of materials it requires. But countertops and flooring can also be expensive depending on the size and materials. If you’re going to be moving plumbing or doing a lot of re-wiring, that can also start to get expensive in some circumstances.
- Budget: If you have a tight budget, you might be wondering which upgrades you should prioritize. Re-facing your cabinetry is likely going to cost much less than replacing them, though depending on the kinds of cabinets you have, it may not be worthwhile. A lot of cosmetic upgrades can be made fairly inexpensively, allowing you to spend more on appliances or other practical items.
For more information about kitchen remodeling in Tyler, TX and what you should know before you start your job, contact us today.
Categorised in: Kitchen Remodeling
This post was written by Writer