Do you ever wish that your garage wasn’t just a place to store your vehicle, and more of a man cave or a mechanic shop? If so, it’s time to quit dreaming and start putting that plan into action! Continue reading to learn how to plan your dream garage in Tyler, TX:
- Decide how you’ll use it: First things first, what is your remodeled garage going to be used for? Do you want a place to hang out with all of your buddies? Would you like a workshop to work on your hobbies? Or, do you merely want a more functional space to store your car and other belongings? Whatever you choose, make sure you find the right contractor who can make that dream a reality!
- Choose your color scheme and design: The right colors and theme go a long way in your new garage. Designing a garage with a Cowboys theme could be cool, especially if you’re using it for a man cave. Just be sure that you’ll be happy with the design, as it’s something you’ll have to live with for years to come.
- Consider storage: Your storage situation largely depends on what you plan on doing in your garage. If it’s going to be used for woodworking or similar hobbies, you’ll need a place for all of your tools. On the other hand, if you’re mostly planning on using it as a hangout space, you’ll need shelving for your stereo system, TV and snacks. Whatever you plan on doing, just make sure you have ample storage space!
- Buy the best door: Sure, curb appeal is important, but it’s not everything you should look for in a new garage door. Doors these days have tons of safety features that protect your belongings and ensure there are no accidents while the door is opening and closing.
- Find décor: The right vintage sign, cool poster or other touches can take your garage from boring to amazing. The best part is that you don’t have to spend a lot here. Simply find some stuff at yard sales or online that go along with your theme.
- Control the temperature: We’re assuming that you’re going to be spending a lot of time in your new garage. With this in mind, make sure that you’re as comfortable as possible. It’s a good idea to install some kind of heating and cooling system in your garage and add insulation to ensure it stays comfortable all year long.
- Get some bells and whistles: You may want to add some extras in your garage that make it one of a kind. Things like a car lift or other specialized equipment make your garage stand out and maybe even more functional, though they’re not totally necessary.
Need help planning your dream garage or putting that plan into action? Then be sure to hire the team at Canfield Construction Management! We have years of experience remodeling and constructing garages of all shapes and sizes. Summer is the perfect time to redo your garage in Tyler, TX, so give us a call today to get started.
Categorised in: Garage Builder
This post was written by Writer