Are you considering remodeling or adding another room to your home? There are many ways that you can increase your square footage to improve your home value in Tyler, TX. Certain features and additions are smart investments that you’ll enjoy until the day you sell—and then you’ll recoup all or part of your costs.
At Canfield Construction Management, we specialize in building on, renovating and remodeling homes for exactly this purpose. When you’re ready to start adding more space, call us—we can walk you through the permit and design process, then get to work creating the space of your dreams.
Here are some of our favorite ways to improve your existing home:
- Finish the basement and attic: Finishing a basement can create an extra entertainment room, office or even a small separate apartment, while finished attics can provide extra bedroom, office or even closet space. This can cost between $6,500 and $18,000, and offers about a 70 percent return on your investment.
- Add a second story: Second stories drastically increase the square footage of your home, assuming your city will allow this type of addition. A second story addition might run between $100,000 and $200,000, but will add a great deal of resale value to your home.
- Add a room over the garage: If your foundation or budget won’t support adding another story to your home, why not choose a room over the garage? Since the foundation is already in place, you’ll just need walls, a roof and a staircase, and then you can use the space as another bedroom.
- Add on to your kitchen and bathroom: Large, modern kitchens and bathrooms are crucial to listing your home at a higher price. Even small expansions to these rooms can return up to 93 percent on your kitchen addition and 62 percent on your bathroom. Consider using flex spaces to add breakfast nooks, big soaking tubs or additional sinks or appliances.
- Enclose your porch: Enclosing your porch and turning it into a sunroom is a great way to add usable space while taking advantage of the roof and foundation that already exist. It’ll need to have heating and an entrance to the home if you want it to count toward your square footage, and it usually will recoup around 50 percent of your investment.
- Modular additions: Modular additions use pre-fabricated modular rooms to add an additional space to your home, so you can save on labor and construction costs.
Increase your square footage and home value in Tyler, TX
When you’re looking to expand the square footage of your Tyler, TX home, call the team at Canfield Construction Management. Our general contracting firm can build, renovate or remodel your home so you’ll be able to enjoy more room and increased resale value. No matter the size and scope of your home remodel or building project, our years of experience will ensure that you’ll get exactly the results you need. Call us today to get an estimate on your home addition.
Categorised in: Home Additions
This post was written by Writer