What is a composite deck? Composite decking is a popular wood deck alternative. It’s a manmade building product made up of a mix of recycled wood fibers and recycled plastic that’s durable and impervious to rot. Composite decking material is a low maintenance option, does not require sanding, staining and sealing, and with proper care can last a lot longer than wood decking. What’s more is that it can mimic the look and feel of many exotic hardwoods. While composite decks do require more initial investment, they make up for that cost over their lifetime.
The weather is warming up, and that’s a sign that it’s time to plan that new backyard deck building project. If you’re considering a composite material over real wood, read on—here are the top five advantages of installing a composite deck in Tyler, TX:
- Durability: Don’t let the word “composite” turn you away from considering these decking materials for your backyard deck project. The type of material used to make composite decking products is designed for maximum durability. It can resist mold, fading from sun exposure, staining and scratching, and it won’t warp, crack or rot on you. It’s also insect-proof and unable to splinter. All these durability factors combine to make a safe and comfortable deck for your family and pets.
- Aesthetics: Quality composite decking can imitate the appearance of real hardwood. Products feature high-definition natural wood grain patterns, and warm colors range from deep earth tones to vibrant reds and uplifting grays. If you want a composite deck that looks like an exotic hardwood, they exist and can be special ordered through your chosen deck installer. Like wood decks, you can find a wide selection of composite deck accessories, including stairs, gates, hand railings and outdoor furniture.
- Low maintenance: A huge benefit of composite over wood is the amount of maintenance it requires. Composite decks are low-maintenance, as they don’t need sanding, painting or staining. The occasional soap and water scrub is all that’s needed to keep it beautiful and stable for years. Even though composite decking will last a long time, ask your deck installer or the manufacturer of the product if they offer a warranty.
- Sustainability: Anyone who’s concerned about the environment should take a serious look at composite decking. This type of deck building material provides the look and feel of natural wood boards without the environmental impact. Composite boards are made using recycled, reclaimed materials—including recycled plastic from common items and reclaimed industrial wood scraps.
- Great value: In doing some research, you probably already know that the initial cost of composite decking materials is typically higher than that of wood. But when you factor in the cost of ongoing maintenance, care and repairs associated with wood decks, that initial cost doesn’t seem so bad. A composite deck can easily pay for itself in less than 10 years.
Now that you have a better idea of the advantages of installing a composite deck, contact the team at Canfield Construction Management in Tyler, TX. Call us today to get started on your project.
Categorised in: Deck Builder
This post was written by Writer