If you’re looking to remodel, it’s probably because your current kitchen layout doesn’t cater to your needs. Consider how many chefs you’ve got in the house and how much space you can work with before selecting a kitchen remodeling floor plan in Tyler, TX. Listed below are the most efficient kitchen floor plan layouts:
- Island: Just as the name implies, islands are stand-alone kitchen countertops that complement homes with lots of open space. They often serve as breakfast bars, cabinet space or extra room for meal preparation. Islands can also hold appliances like a sink or dishwasher. Keep in mind that not every home has room for an island. If that’s the case for you, consider the one-wall layout.
- One-wall: This layout is popular in studio apartments and homes working with minimal space. Everything you need—stove, counter space, cabinets—is lined up along a single wall. One-wall layouts create openness in small living spaces to avoid feeling cramped. Combine this kitchen with an island for extra countertops that can double as a place to dine.
- Galley: Two parallel walls make the galley style one of the most efficient kitchen floor plan layouts. While space is limited, the narrow pathway means all the appliances are within close proximity. You won’t need to walk far to grab ingredients from the fridge or check on the stove. This layout is designed for small apartments because it maximizes counter space. A galley kitchen helps you avoid pesky corners that are hardly useful.
- L shape: The L shape is a great option for kitchen remodeling floor plans in Tyler, TX. It runs along two perpendicular walls, and the kitchen can take up as much space as you need. This layout is an efficient kitchen floor plan because, unlike the galley layout, it avoids congested traffic. L shapes can accommodate several chefs at once, allowing them to freely roam around the kitchen.
- Horseshoe: Also called a U shape, the horseshoe is an L shape plus one more wall. It gives space for more cooks than a galley, though room to move is more limited than in an L shape. Horseshoes commonly use the third wall as a peninsula to make the living space seem larger. Consider this layout if you require ample cabinet space. You could even add an island in the center if there’s room for it.
- Peninsula: This kitchen remodeling floor plan is an excellent choice for homeowners who would like an island but don’t have room for one. Peninsulas function like an island, giving you lots of counter space and extra square footage for cabinets. The main difference is that peninsulas are connected to one of the walls. They add more places for chefs to work without closing off the kitchen from other living spaces.
The most efficient kitchen floor plan layout in Tyler, TX will optimize your cooking experience, but most importantly, you’ll feel right at home. For help choosing a layout that suits your lifestyle, consult the experts at Canfield Construction Management. We have over two decades of experience bringing dream kitchens to life!
Categorised in: Kitchen Remodeling
This post was written by Writer