Remodeling your bathroom is one of the best investments you can make as a homeowner. These projects are notorious for having pitfalls, though. With so many working parts involved in the remodel, it’s no wonder that there are tons of bathroom remodeling horror stories out there. Fortunately, these projects don’t have to end in disaster. Follow our pro tips to ensure you end up with one of the best bathroom remodels in Tyler, TX:
- Hire the right contractor: A beautifully-remodeled bathroom and a stress-free process begin with the contractor you hire. Be sure to shop around and hire a contractor who’s experienced with these projects and offers fair quotes.
- Create a detailed plan: The more planning, the better when it comes to bathroom remodeling. Thorough planning helps keep the project under budget and allows for faster completion time. Your contractor should be able to help you put a plan together.
- Expect to be over budget: Going over your budget is super easy during a bathroom remodeling project. This is partially due to unforeseen troubles that require additional funds or materials costing more than expected. We recommend setting aside at least $5,000 to cover extra costs.
- Pick the right grout: Believe it or not, grout can make or break the appearance of your bathroom. Be sure your grout will both match your tile and look natural in your bathroom.
- Book a hotel or Airbnb: Even the best bathroom remodels in Tyler, TX are noisy and disruptive projects. If you have the money to do so, we advise finding another place to stay during the project. If you don’t want to pay for accommodations, see if any of your friends will take you in.
- Function before beauty: We all want a beautiful new bathroom. However, it’s important to put functionality before aesthetics. Think about how you use your existing bathroom while creating your plan to ensure you retain functionality in your new bathroom.
- Lighting matters: It’s easy to overlook lighting and light fixtures while creating your plan. That’s a mistake, though—a lack of lighting will leave your beautiful new bathroom looking and feeling incomplete. Be sure to have plenty of overhead lighting and try to incorporate some natural light, if possible.
- Expect the unexpected: We touched on it above, but never assume the project is going to go exactly as planned! Mold under the floors, shoddy plumbing behind walls or outdoor electrical wiring are just a few of the many problems we’ve encountered during remodels.
- Work with your existing footprint: Completely changing the layout of your bathroom would be nice. However, that’s an expensive and time-consuming undertaking. Instead, try to use existing plumbing, light fixtures and cabinetry to save some money and speed up the process.
- Consider higher-end materials: A fully remodeled bathroom can have a 93.2 percent ROI—that is, of course, assuming you use quality materials for the job. In addition to getting more money for your investment, higher-end products—like rainfall showerheads—help you relax and luxuriate before selling your home.
Choose Canfield Construction Management
For the best bathroom remodels in Tyler, TX, be sure to get in touch with Canfield Construction Management. In addition to bathroom remodels, we provide a whole host of services to increase your comfort and your home’s value. Reach out today to arrange a consultation.
Categorised in: Bathroom Remodeling
This post was written by Writer